Avast Antivirus Free Download is a product of Avast Technologies. Avast Technologies has a big range of products that provide security to devices connected to the internet. The products are developed for four different operating systems, Windows, IOS, Android, and macOS. Avast offers both free and paid versions of its products. Avast is a very popular Free Antivirus provider, and its products are available in 45 different languages. Some of the services provided by Avast include Computer Security, Avast Free Antivirus Software, Browser Security, and Firewall.
May 18, 2020
Features of Avast Antivirus Free Download
The free version of Avast Antivirus Software is divided into separate categories. There’s a different category for each operating system, and then there’s a category for business users. We have discussed the features of four different categories below.
- Non-commercial Avast Antivirus for Windows Free Download: Although this product is free, it does require one-year registration, and it also includes ads of other Avast products. The main features of this product are antivirus, password manager, and WIFI security scanner.
- Avast for macOS Free Download: The package includes antivirus with on-demand scanning and an optional browser extension.
- Avast for Business: Avast also has a free antivirus software for small and medium-sized enterprises and businesses. The package includes a free antivirus software with web threat scanning, browser extension, and a dashboard for cloud management.
- Avast for Android: A free antivirus app that you can download from the play store. Features include a scanner, virus removal, firewall, backup, and many more.
What’s new in the latest version of Avast Free Antivirus Download for Windows?
The latest version of Avast Antivirus Free Download for Windows was launched this year in
February. The author has not specified the exact updates, but the latest version may include
bug fixes, software enhancements, and other unspecified improvements.
Before buying or downloading any new product or software, one should always weigh the pros and cons.
Pros of Avast Antivirus
- Userfriendly: Among the different antivirus software available in the market, Avast Antivirus is fairly easy to use. You can enable and disable any of its features, and disabling one option would not affect the performance of the software in any way.
- Great Protection: Avast Technologies is constantly working on updating its antivirus software, which means you will stay protected from the latest viruses, malware, spyware, and harmful online media.
- Very competitive pricing structure: If after using the free version, you plan to subscribe to the pro version, it will cost you only $15 per annum.
Cons of Avast Antivirus
- No offline protection: You can only use Avast products on those devices that are connected to the internet, which means you are no longer secure if your device isn’t connected to the internet.
- Subscription options can sometimes be confusing: Pro version is available at $15 per annum if you are already using the free version and plan to upgrade the software. But this offer isn’t available elsewhere, you will see ads of different packages at each place.