Cisco Packet Tracer Overview
Cisco packet tracer download is free software available from Cisco Network Academy. It is developed by Cisco Systems. It is a powerful software program that allows you to emulate a network topology without physically built it. With Cisco Packet Tracer, there is no need to buy expensive equipment or spend a lot of time wiring things together.
It is available in different popular global languages. There are different versions of Cisco packet tracer. The latest version is 7.2. The new version of the Cisco packet tracer has an upgraded graphical user interface. It is a cross-platform computer program and is available for Microsoft Windows 64 and 32 bit, Linux, Android and iOS 8+.
Cisco packet tracer download for free only for your windows because it is not available for Mac. If you want to run it on a Mac, you need to use software such as VirtualBox or VMWare workstation to emulate Microsoft Windows operating system on your PC to run packet tracer.
You can create your Network topology by dragging various devices. Some devices available for logical network topology in Cisco Packet trace are a different type of routers, switches, Hubs, wireless devices, security devices, Microcontroller Unit, and single PCs etc. You can also use a simulation mode to visually trace a ping.
Cisco Packet Tracer Salient Features
- Cisco Packet Tracer is designed by Cisco Network Academy and is used as an educational and professional tool. It has many enriched features; some of these are as follows.
- It is a free and advanced networking simulation software used to logically create network topology without any difficulty.
- Packet Tracer download helps you to save time and money to create and configure network topology.
- Advanced Networking concepts like routing protocol can easily learn by animations from download Cisco Packet Tracer.
- It assists you to create and simulate the configuration of the network with drag and drop devices.
- With Cisco Packet Tracer you can improve your networking skills and learn many modern network protocols.
- Once a network has constructed in download Tracer, you can test various hardware and software configuration, can do different experiments with network protocols and Troubleshooting.
- New Version of Packet Tracer 7.2 has many new features like HTTP server improvements, DHCP Server Port-Based Address Allocation support and many others.
- Modern routers, IE 2000 switch, MCU sensors, smart devices etc. are also available in Download Cisco Packet Tracer.
- It supports a vast variety of protocols over different OSI layers. Some protocols are FTP , SMTP, POP3, HTTP, TFTP, Telnet, SSH, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, AAA, VOIP, TCP and UDP, TCP Nagle Algorithm & IP Fragmentation, RTP,BGP, IPv4, ICMP, ARP, IPv6, ICMPv6, IPSec, RIPv1/v2/ng, Multi-Area OSPF and many others.
Cisco Packet Tracer Recommended System Requirements
It Requires 400 MB of free hard disk storage, Minimum RAM 512 Mb, CPU Intel Pentium 4 or higher. Graphics card and flash player is also required. It is compatible with Ubuntu Linux, Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7 for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating system.
How to Download & Install Cisco Packet Tracer
Download the latest version of Cisco packet tracer for your Mac and PC Windows XP/7/8/10. Unzip the Cisco Packer Tracer zip file. Now open the packet tracer folder, double-click on the Packet Tracer setup file and click run to start the installation process.
Accept the license agreement and click on Next button. By default Cisco Packet Tracer is installed in C:/Program Files, you can change the directory if you want to. Click on Next and select the Start Menu folder. Check creates a desktop shortcut checkbox and clicks next. Now setup wizard will install the download Cisco Packet Tracer to your PC.
The installation process takes some time to complete so you’ll wait for it. It may ask you to restart your computer to complete the installation process. After successful installation of Cisco packet, you can create topology drag and drop many devices into your topology.
Our Suggestion about Cisco Packet Tracer
Packet Tracer Cisco is fairly easy to install on your device. It allows you to logically create simple and robust Network topology and simulate configuration of routers and other devices through a command line interface.
You can download Cisco Packet Tracer for Windows and Linux OS by clicking on the following Download Button. It is free and safe from virus and other malicious programs.